Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
job description.Our client is one of the UK's leading Modular Main Contractors. They are looking to add an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to their team to work on projects across multiple sectors.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will form part of the project Commercial team and work closely with the Estimating, Design, Planning, and Construction teams as necessary. This role is based in Bournemouth.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor responsibilities:
- Assisting on maximising the commercial results of projects in terms of delivering optimum profit performance against internal budgets.
- Assisting on maximising the Cash position of the Company.
- Liaising and collaborating with the Production & Design Teams regarding all contractual aspects.
- Liaising and collaborating with Commercial, Production & Design regarding all contractual aspects.
- Assisting on procurement of Sub-contractors.
- Assisting on financial & Contractual management of Sub-contractors.
- Assisting on preparing and agreeing Interim Valuations with the Client & for progressing the agreement of Variations as the work proceeds utilising company tools.
- Assisting on preparing timely monthly Financial reports which accurately forecast net margin & activity utilising the company tools, procedures & rules.
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and other members of the Project team.
- Obtaining and understanding the company reporting timetable, as well as key tools and procedures, including Compass.
- Representing and serving the best interests of the company.
- Creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor requirements:
- Minimum 1-2 years of working in the construction industry with a Main Contractor.
- Must have experience working with JCT D&B form of contract.
- Degree qualified, preferably in Quantity Surveying or similar.
If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV for the attention of Meera Patel at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org