Building Services Manager.
job description.One of the biggest names in UK Construction has asked us to supply them with Building Services Managers for their schmes along the M4 corridor, with the first scheme being a new build data centre. Having recently secured several £20m+ Design & Build projects in the area they have requirements in their Building Services Team for Managers with major Commercial, Residential and Mixed Use project experience.
- Assisting with Sub Contractor procurement.
- Attending all prestart meetings reviewing the specification and drawings, ensuring that any design issues, programming issues and co-ordination issues are identified and resolved before going to site.
- Accessing MEP engineers' workloads and assign the most suitable candidate to the project.
- Carrying out regular review meetings with the MEP engineers and project managers monitoring progress against program, identifying risks, and assisting where required.
- Providing input for progress reports that are to be presented to the professional team.
- Attending the client progress meetings when required.
- Managing Sub Contractors to ensure quality and programme targets are met.
- Co-ordinating testing, commissioning, witnessing & demonstrations to Consultants, Building Control and End Users as required.
- Providing aftercare where necessary.
- Minimum 5 years post qualified.
- Degree educated in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or similar. (Being electrically biased is a bonus)
- Previous BSM experience on projects up to £20m in value.
- Good design / value engineering experience.
Our client offers challenging project work, career development opportunities and highly competitive salaries and packages. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the e-mail address: email@example.com.