job description.Are you a Civils Estimator looking to get SMART? If so, Build Space has a great position for you! Our leading Tier 1 Main Contractor client is looking for a Civils Estimator to join their best in class SMART Motorways team. This motivated professional will gain invaluable insight and exposure across the highways sector, steering the quality and production of our country's most vital roads. Our client offers industry leading project work, professional development opportunities and salaries / packages, this is a role to really drive your career!!!
CIVILS ESTIMATOR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaising with and manage the internal and external tender team
- Marking up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, producing or organising Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes
- Evaluating returned quotations from supply chain and liaising with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Preparing and evaluating risk and opportunity
- Arranging and preparing commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Reviewing supply chain performance quarterly
- Attending pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visiting sites to obtain feedback
- Preparing cost plans and feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
CIVILS ESTIMATOR KEY EXPERIENCE:
- HNC/Degree related to Civil Engineering.
- Proven estimating experience in Civil Engineering.
- Good understanding of planning and construction activities.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent reporting / communication skills.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lewis Roskilly at the e-mail address: email@example.com.