job description.Are you an ambitious Civils Estimator? If so, Build space has a hot position for you! Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary main contractor looking for an experienced, calculated Estimator with good Civils / Infrastructure project experience. Reporting to the Managing Estimator, you will focus on the commercial elements of tenders and cost plans on highways and rail projects across the UK. Typical project values range from £5m - £60m in value.
CIVILS ESTIMATOR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaising with and managing the internal and external tender team
- Marking up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, producing or organising Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes
- Evaluating returned quotations from supply chain and liaising with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Preparing and evaluating risk and opportunity
- Arranging and preparing commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Reviewing supply chain performance quarterly
- Attending pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visiting sites to obtain feedback
- Preparing cost plans and feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
CIVILS ESTIMATOR KEY EXPERIENCE
- HNC/Degree related to Civil Engineering.
- 5 years+ estimating experience in Civil Engineering.
- Good understanding and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent reporting / communication skills.
Our client offers industry leading projects and career development opportunities. The salaries and packages available are more than competitive. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to the e-mail address: email@example.com.