job description.Commercial Manager positions do not come much better than this! Our client is one of the UK's leading groundworks contractors working on the largest Construction and Infrastructure projects in London and the South East. Having recently secured 2 x £50m+ groundworks packages, we have been asked to supply a Commercial Manager to support one of these projects.
Commercial Manager responsibilities:
- Managing the Commercial Team on site.
- Responsible for recruitment of staff (Permanent & Freelance) to meet project workload.
- Staff training where required.
- CVR accounting.
- Project cashflow management, forecasting, and reporting.
- Client and Subcontractor Monthly Applications.
- Variation and Site Instruction Management.
- Pre-start commercial meetings and management of the supply chain.
- Final project account management.
- Evaluation of supply chain quotes for final review and selection.
- Reviewing client contracts.
- Reviewing sub-contractor contracts.
- Responsible for formal contractual documentation (EOTs, Early Warning Notices, etc).
- Reporting to Board.
Commercial Manager requirements:
- Minimum 15 years post qualified career experience.
- Minimum 7 years No.1 Commercial Lead experience.
- Major groundworks project experience.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
Our client pays market leading salaries / rates. Happy to pay on a limited company basis if preferred. The career development opportunities available are excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV to Alex Poulter at the e-mail address - email@example.com.