job description.Our client is an award winning upwardly mobile Main Contractor that has recently won a number of schemes in the South West. They have a regional office in Bristol and are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to lead a £40m residential project in Poole.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the project team as well as the Regional Team, reporting to the Regional Commercial Director. Responsible for the commercial staff on one or more projects and the timely delivery of the required commercial functions throughout all stages of the project.
Commercial Manager responsibilities:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of all supply items & subcontractor packages.
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Recruiting, mentoring and leading junior Commercial staff.
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
Commercial Manager experience required:
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Manager experience.
- Major build project experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
- Strong mentoring / reporting / IT skills.
The salaries, packages and technical challenges on offer are second to none.
If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones on the e-mail address: Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org.