£450 per day
job description.We are currently working with a leading Principal Contractor, who have over 20 years' experience in the industry. They specialise in Civil Engineering projects such as Rail & Infrastructure. Due to an influx of project wins they are looking to take on a Commercial Manager to work on the HS2 project, between the north of London up to the south of Birmingham.
As a Commercial Manager, the successful candidate will work on projects from inception through to final delivery and will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Commercial Manager responsibilities include:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of all supply items & subcontractor packages
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Mentoring & leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
- Mentoring more junior staff.
Commercial Manager experience Required:
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a QS role
- A proven ability to financially manage projects in excess of £10m
- Industry related degree would be ideal, but not essential
- Professionally qualified (RICS / CIOB) would be preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a high profile project for an excellent construction company.
If you are interested in this project e-mail your CV to Sadek Rahman – email@example.com