job description.Our client is a leading Main Contractor requiring no introduction. With projects in the Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors, you will join a forward thinking company passionate about Modular Construction. Together we are actively looking for a Construction Director to work on across a handful of projects across the UK.
If you are a Project Director with experience of delivering complex construction projects, Build Space has the just the position for you. Our client, a Main Modular Contractor, has secured a many new build modular projects across the UK in many sectors - Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors. Together we are looking for a Project Director with full lifecycle experience to take these projects from precon through to handover. Reporting into the Regional Construction Director, this is role that brings massive future opportunity.
Project Director roles and responsibilities:
- Managing preconstruction stage with Design Team, Planner and Commercial Manager.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with Client, Consultants and Subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Managing the procurement of all subcontractors alongside Senior QS.
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the Project Team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment and morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Making sure the project is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the Project Team fully understands the design and specification requirements of their project; that Subcontractors and Suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Construction Director on progress and any issues.
- Minimum 5 years No.1 Project Lead experience.
- Complex Build project experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Good client facing skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
The salaries, package and technical / professional development opportunities on offer are first class. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org