£25,000 per hour
job description.Our client is a leading Main Contractor requiring no introduction. With projects in the Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors, you will join a forward thinking company passionate about Modular Construction. Together we are actively looking for a Design Coordinator to work on across a handful of projects across the UK.
As Design Coordinator the candidate will be supporting the Design Manager and liaising with preconstruction teams.
Design Coordinator responsibilities:
- Coordination of all design issues on site, reporting to a Design Manager
- Attending design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEM etc.
- Working within the Design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Assisting the Design Team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
- Assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in ACAD.
- Assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Presenting the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
- Ensuring that the design team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Ensuring that the design team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Design Team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Design Coordinator Experience required:
- BSc in Construction Management or a design related subject
- Construction Design experience.
- Main contractor experience
Our client is offering fantastic career progression, competitive salaries and interesting / stable work, to apply for this role send your CV to Meera firstname.lastname@example.org