job description.Our client is one of the busiest Main Contractors in the UK! They specialise in design and build projects across multiple sectors - Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Retail and Industrial and they have a great reputation in the market place. Having recently secured two large scale distribution centre projects they are on the hunt for Design Manager for the region.
Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all design issues on site, reporting into Senior Design Manager.
- Attending Design Team Meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
- Working with the Project Team to define key scope, schedule and cost.
- Meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Design Team maintains and up-dates drawings and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Design Manager Experience required:
- 5-7 years Design Manager Experience.
- Construction background preferred over Architectural route.
- Good Office/Commercial project experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
This is a permanent role, the salary and package offered are both excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the email Lloyd.J@buildspaceuk.com