job description.Our client is one of the busiest Groundworks Contractors in the UK! On the back on numerous project wins they are looking to add a Design Manager to the team. In this role you would be reporting to the Head of Design, you will manage the design process on selected key projects in Tender, Preconstruction and concluding in Construction, liaising internally with the company team, and externally with the Client, Consultants and other Key Stake Holders – ultimately to ensure the overall design is delivered in a timely, professional manner, in accordance with the brief and within budget.
Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Proactively lead and manage the design process on selected projects.
- Effectively Communicate and contribute with the team at all times during the tender, preconstruction and construction periods.
- Attending Design Team Meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Working with the Project Team to define key scope, schedule and cost.
- Meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Design Team maintains and up-dates drawings and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- Liaise with Third Parties critical to the design process to ensure their requirements are understood, communicated and any obligations discharged to maintain compliance and programme.
Design Manager Experience required:
- 5-7 years Design Manager Experience.
- Construction background preferred over Architectural route.
- Good Office/Commercial project experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
This is a permanent role, the salary and package offered are both excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the email Lloyd.email@example.com