job description.Our client specialises in delivering excellence across a wide spectrum of fit-out, refurbishment and new-build construction projects. Based on a strategy of organic growth, they operate across the UK for a range of clients in sectors that include Commercial Office, Hotel and Leisure, Frameworks and Public Sector. With the experience of delivering projects of varying scale up to £30m in value, they are looking to add a Design Manager to work out of their office in Edinburgh.
- Coordination of all design issues on site.
- Attending Design Team Meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
- Working with the Project Team to define key scope, schedule and cost.
- Meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Design Team maintains and up-dates drawings and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Design Manager Experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years Design Manager Experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
This is a permanent role, the salary and package offered are both excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV to Rob Glaser @ Buildspace.