job description.Our client is a leading UK Construction Main Contractor are actively looking for an experienced Document Controller to work on a large scale industrial scheme in Bracknell.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in the construction using document control software such as ASITE or 4Projects. The Client has their own software which you would be trained up on, but having prior knowledge of other software is a must.
- Checking that all the required metadata is present and appropriate for use.
- Assisting with issuing document numbers using the client system.
- Notifying the document authors of any discrepancies or issues associated to the document registration.
- Approving the requested document number once all the checks have been completed.
- Managing and distributing all client originated documents that have been registered in it's system.
- Checking the document for consistency with the appropriate document template.
- Checking and modifying, if necessary, the distribution requirements of the registered document against those identified in the document issue e-mail notification received from the author.
- Notifying the author of any discrepancies or issues associated to document that need to be corrected before the document can be issued.
- Uploading checked documents into the document centre and submitting the transmittals.
- Modifying the client document management system matrix with information provided by the client and submitting the new details to the client system's administrator for implementation.
- Adding new asset, area, sub-area, discipline and or document type as required and approved by PIM Lead.
- Tracking and expediting late comments reports and transmittals
- Generating and distributing document management reports and registers upon request of project information management lead.
- Providing basic document management training to client personnel on the project once experienced.
- Scanning the front sheet with hard copy signatures in accordance to client endorsement and distribution matrices
- Collecting electronic copies of the latest document revision prior of issuing documents.
- Taking all calls on site.
- Document Controller experience working with a construction main contractor
- Excellent IT skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- MUST have previous document control experience such as ASITE or 4Projects etc
If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the e-mail address: email@example.com