job description.An opportunity to join one of the most directional Construction Modular Contractors in the North! Our client is a specialist in modular, off site and traditional build projects across multiple sectors - Residential, Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Education. We have been asked to supply an Estimator to help support multiple projects across the UK. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, passionate about construction and can be flexible to work from home.
Estimator Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaising with and managing the internal and external tender team
- Marking up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, producing or organising Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes
- Evaluating returned quotations from supply chain and liaising with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Preparing and evaluating risk and opportunity
- Arranging and preparing commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Reviewing supply chain performance quarterly
- Attending pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visiting sites to obtain feedback
- Preparing cost plans and feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
Estimator Key experience:
- 5 years+ estimating experience in Construction
- Main contractor experience
- Good understanding and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent reporting / communication skills.
The salary and package on offer are highly competitive. This is a great opportunity to kick start a career in Construction. If interested, contact Meera Patel – firstname.lastname@example.org