Freelance Quantity Surveyor.
£300 per day
job description.At Build Space we are working with a growing Main Contractor that specialises in the delivery of large Industrial Units / Distribution Centres. They are currently looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to the team. This person will initally oversee a £2m new build warehouse in Ashford, Surrey area and they are keen to get someone onboard in the next two weeks intially on a freelance basis.
In your role as Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of supply items & subcontractor packages.
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Attending site & client progress meetings alongside the Senior QS.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
- A proven ability to financially manage projects with a value of up to £5m.
- Degree qualified.
- Minimum 5 years post qualified experience working for leading Main Contractors.
- Major project experience working on steel frame projects is desireable.
Our client offers quality project work, competitive salaries and the option of sustained freelance employment. If you would like to apply for this job, please forward your CV to Lloyd.j@buildspaceuk. com