Health & Safety Director.
job description.If you are a Health & Safety Director looking to work for one of the most exciting contractors in the market, Build Space has the role for you. Our client is an award winning Main Contractor that has established itself as one of the most directional companies in the industry. On the back of some major project wins and a full order book of work we have been asked to bring in a H&S Director to help develop and maintain the Group Health & Safety policy. Reporting into the Construction Director and Managing Director, this is a high profile role within the business.
Health & Safety Director roles and responsibilities:
- Monitoring of the safety and environmental performance of projects, making sure a consistent approach is taken to contractor occupational and construction safety across all projects within the portfolio.
- Working with delivery teams to determine practical and deliverable measures to improve H&S safety performance within projects.
- Supporting delivery teams in the investigation of accidents and incidents and in the implementation of resulting recommendations.
- Co-ordinating the H&S activities of the programme and maintaining effective liaison with other Project Stakeholders and the Client.
- Implementing the Client's Health & Safety policy.
- Ensuring compliance with and reporting on performance of the Project and statutory provisions including CDM.
- Regular liaison with trade contractors, designers, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies (HSE and ORR) and other relevant parties
- Ensuring the effective completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), bid/tenders and awards submission
- Ensuring that H&S strategy / improvement plans (including at local levels) are set and monitored for the each project.
- Measuring H&S performance by collating and reporting performance data, including trend analysis.
Health & Safety Director experience required:
- Minimum 15 years Health & Safety Manager / Director experience.
- Top Main Contractor experience.
- Major Construction project experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- CSCS / SMSTS certified.
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken.
Our client offers excellent salaries, packages, training and career development potential.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Dominic Coyne at the e-mail address: email@example.com.