Health and Safety Advisor.
£300 per day
job description.Our client is a leading Developer / Main Contractor who has built some of the largest Retail and Mixed-Use projects in the UK over the last 20 years. We have been asked to supply an experienced Clerk of Works to help with the ongoing site inspections on a Residential scheme in East London. You will be the No.2 on this high-rise, multi-storey project with works running until mid-2023.
H&S Advisor Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company management procedure is promoted and adhered to on all projects and that all site activities are undertaken in line with this.
- Carry out safety audits and inspections, reviewing health and safety issues, addressing, and implementing change as required.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the business and promote H&S best practice, campaigns, and innovation.
- Be aware of current legislation, raise changes to the SHEQ Department as and when necessary. Ensure activities observed are carried out in accordance with the current legislation and industry best practice.
- Where appropriate attend meetings with clients demonstrating and reinforcing company safety procedures.
- Assist in the monitoring and review of the working procedures and help to contribute as to where improvements are required.
- To respond to requests for advice which fall within the Health & Safety Advisor's area of expertise, through discussion with the Divisional Head of Health & Safety if required, and others where necessary.
- Investigate accidents and incidents, producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor work activities on site and when required provide advice and guidance on safe working practices to contractors.
- Attend on site weekly SHE meetings with Project teams
H&S Qualifications required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in H&S / Certificate in Construction H&S
- Minimum NVQ Level 4-6 in Occupational H&S
- Minimum GradeIOSH
H&S Experience required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar role within the Construction Industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Demonstrate experience with behavioural change programs and implementation
- Proven experience in a similar role, working on projects of minimum £10m up to £100m + for a recognised Principal Contractor
If you are interested in this project e-mail your CV to Jessica Adolfo at email@example.com