Health and Safety Advisor.
job description.My client is a high performing tier 1 contractor. We have been asked to supply an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to support several projects. We are looking for a bright and driven Health and Safety Advisor to assist the site teams and managers in recognising hazards and seeking to minimize risks, ensuring high standards of Health and Safety. Whilst reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you'll have an opportunity to manage your workload and be a part of a company that has a good working culture that will help and support you.
Key responsibilities as Health and Safety Advisor include:
- Development of the HSEQT Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQT statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQT Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfil its obligations under HSEQT legislation.
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the operation of HSEQT performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQT obligations.
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQT Manager, HSEQT targets, objectives and KPI's.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001.
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
Skills & Experience required from Health and Safety Advisor:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
If interested, please email your CV to Jessica – Jessica.email@example.com.