job description.This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's most desirable upcoming Main Contractors! They are an award winning company that has grown dramatically over the past 5 years and have a strong pipeline for the year ahead. Due to the growth of the business they are looking to take on a Operations Director to oversee their Education builds in London and the South East.
The Client is looking for candidates with strong Operational Management experience of overseeing more than one project, or an excellent Senior Project Manager looking to make the step up with the following personal traits and experience:
- Promoting high performance, health & safety and quality standards across all projects
- Effective and regular communication teams, clients and peers
- Effective leadership and management of direct reports to deliver industry leading performance and customer service
- Effective planning and organisation of programme and resources
- Proactive and effective client relationship management
- Risk and opportunity management
- Commercial acumen
- Makes decisions taking all commercial, operational, contractual and client needs into consideration
- Promotion of staff satisfaction and engagement
- Honesty and integrity
The role itself, will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop project leads ensuring projects delivered on time, within budget to specified quality standards and client requirements
- Ensure the health & safety of all staff, sub-contractors, visitors and the public.
- Ensure all projects are delivered line with contract, health & safety procedures, internal procedures, design and client requirements
- Manage client expectations and ensure projects meet customer specific measures
- Ensure maximisation of profit and cash on all projects
- Ensure the competence, compliance, development and high performance of all project teams and ensure all projects appropriately resourced
- Support the pre-construction and tender process providing technical expertise and resources where required
- Development and effective of procurement and design strategies for each project
- Undertake business development activities and develop and maintain long term customer relationships to promote repeat business.
- Support directors in developing and delivering business strategy
- Drive industry leading performance and customer service across all projects
If you think you have the necessary skills for this role and feel comfortable to lead and manage the operational teams then please forward your CV for the attention of Lloyd Jones to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.