job description.Our client must be one of the busiest contractors in London at this time with 15+ projects on site and a further two major contract awards in the last fortnight! On the back of this we have been asked to supply an experienced Preconstruction Manager with strong groundworks, structures and infrastructure knowhow. Working from an HQ in North London, you will also visit sites / clients across London / South East.
Preconstruction Manager roles & responsibilities:
- Working with Consultants to ensure design, value engineering and buildability are considered at all times.
- Managing the PCSA wherer necessary, including all internal departments are working in a timely fashion.
- Attending tender and preconstruction meetings to ensure every detail is considered and risk is eliminated.
- Identifying key risks and abnormals and driving a strategy to mitigate these or design these out during Draft CPs.
- Progressing all surveys required to develop a risk adverse design.
- Working with clients to develop and define proposals throughout the Pre-Construction Stages of projects.
- Appointing and developing strong working relationships with all consultants.
- Leading liaison for the Client.
- Arranging and advising in all Design Team meetings, chairing all Consultant meetings
- Implementing the preparation and maintenance of Project Reports including programme, quality and cost.
- Attending meetings with the Client and lead communication flow with Consultants, keeping the business advised.
- Supporting all phases of the project and responding to all matters that may affect the Client's objective.
- Hosting the launch into Construction and effectively handing over information to Operations Team.
- Supporting on-going project reviews, change control and completion activities.
Pre Construction Manager experience required:
- Minimum 3 years Pre Construction Manager experience.
- Minimum 10 years Construction industry experience.
- Good understanding of buildability, design, planning and commercial management.
- Strong IT / reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
The salaries / rates on offer are all first rate. Our client is happy to pay on a limited company basis too.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Dominic Coyne at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org