job description.Our client, a Top 25 Main Contractor, has a healthy pipeline of work coming up across the North West and North Midlands region. We have been asked to supply a Project Director thats can lead projects across the region. Reporting into the Regional Managing Director, you will have complete ownership of your project from preconstruction through to handover.
- Managing preconstruction stage with Design Team, Planner and Commercial Manager.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with Client, Consultants and Subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Managing the procurement of all subcontractors alongside Senior QS.
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the Project Team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment and morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Making sure the project is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the Project Team fully understands the design and specification requirements of their project; that Subcontractors and Suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Construction Director on progress and any issues.
- Minimum 5 years No.1 Project Lead experience.
- Major New Build / Refurb project experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Good client facing skills.
Our client is committed to paying the best salaries and packages in the market. Career development opportunities, both technically and professionally, are second to none.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.