job description.We are working with top Main Contractor that are a well established name in the UK construction industry. They are known for their company culture and there build quality is second to none. They have recently secured a £80m+ industrial scheme in Kent and looking for a Project Lead to run this scheme.
**Due to the nature of this project it is essential that the successful candidate has experience leading major Industrial/Logistics projects**
- Managing preconstruction stage with Design Team, Planner and Senior QS.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with Client, Consultants and Subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Managing the procurement of all subcontractors alongside Senior QS.
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the Project Team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment and morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Making sure the project is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the Project Team fully understands the design and specification requirements of their project; that Subcontractors and Suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Construction Director on progress and any issues.
- Minimum 5 years No.1 Project Lead experience.
- Major New Build / Refurb project experience.
- Warehouse / Logistics experience (Essential)
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Good client facing skills.
Our client offers industry leading project work, training and career development opportunities. The salaries and packages available are highly attractive - Industry leading bonus schemes also!
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the e-mail address: email@example.com.