£400 per day
job description.Our client is a multi-divisional top 10 UK main contractor who are currently rated as one of the top main contractors in the UK who work on industrial and warehouse projects.
They have secured a number of large new build construction schemes in the UK, specifically in Kent and require an experienced Project Manager to join the team.
The scheme the candidate will initially be working on will be a £50m+ new build, steel frame Distribution centre. On this project you will be a No.2 sitting below a Project Director.
The successful candidate will have 10-15 years' experience (10 years as no 1) in the construction industry and be capable of leading a site based project team on projects ranging from £40m+.
Our client will entertain the right person on a freelance or permanent basis.
Responsibilities as Project Manager include:
- Design Development, both pre-construction and through the build.
- Procurement, both materials and sub-contractors.
- Drafting both short term and target programmes as well as the Master Programme.
- Sub contractor management, ultimate control of all people on-site.
- Developing the original Health & Safety plans, checking methods statements and risk assessments.
- Liaison and co-ordination with architects, designers, structural and building services consultants on all technical queries.
- Engineering background / extensive knowledge of civils works packages is essential.
- Construction qualification required (HNC as a minimum, degree qualified is desirable)
- Experience heading up new build projects in excess of £20m is essential
- The ability to work preconstruction on design and take it through to site
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top UK main contractor on a large-scale new build construction project. Our client is offering long term career progression, competitive salaries and can offer immediate starts for the right candidate or if you're looking for long term freelance work, this is an ideal opportunity.
To apply for this role forward your CV to Lloyd Jones at Build Space.