Kingston upon Thames
job description.Our client is a multi-divisional top 10 UK main contractor who are currently rated as one of the top main contractors in the UK. They have a gap for a Project Manager in their retail division of oversee a £3.5m warehouse project in Kingston upon Thames. This is a 30 week project starting in April and they are looking to take on someone on asap for the preconstruction .
The successful candidate will have 10 years' experience (5 years as no 1) in the construction industry and be capable of leading a site based project team on projects up to £5m.
Our client is looking to take someone on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities as Project Manager include:
- Design Development, both pre-construction and through the build.
- Procurement, both materials and sub-contractors.
- Drafting both short term and target programmes as well as the Master Programme.
- Sub contractor management, ultimate control of all people on-site.
- Developing the original Health & Safety plans, checking methods statements and risk assessments.
- Liaison and co-ordination with architects, designers, structural and building services consultants on all technical queries.
- Charing Meetings.
- Controlling the project program.
- Engineering background is desirable.
- Construction qualification required (HND as a minimum, degree qualified is desirable)
- Experience heading up new build projects up to £5m essential.
- The ability to work preconstruction on design and take it through to site
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top UK main contractor on a large-scale new build construction project. Our client is offering long term career progression, competitive salaries and can offer immediate starts for the right candidate or if you're looking for long term freelance work, this is an ideal opportunity.
To apply for this role forward your CV to Lloyd Jones at Build Space. lloyd.j@buildspaceuk. com