£325 per day
job description.We are currently looking for a Project Manager manage a post-completion project for a sports facility, based in the East Midlands. This project requires the management of subcontractors and excellent client-facing skills to ensure that a high quality and sustainable finish is attained. It is essential that candidates have a strong major projects experience. This position is freelance, and work is likely to continue up to early 2022.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager will include:
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently.
- Managing project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme.
- Developing & maintaining close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the project team fully understand the design & specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager on progress & issues.
Project Manager Experience required:
- UK main contractor experience working on projects of £10m.
- Experience working Industrial / Distribution Centre project experience.
- A proven ability to get the most out of direct reports and subcontractors.
- Preferably degree qualified in a construction related discipline.
- CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid.
If you are interested in this project e-mail your CV to Sadek Rahman – email@example.com