job description.Are you an intermediate level Quantity Surveyor looking for project ownership and structured career development? If so, read on, Build Space has the job for you!!!
Our client is a £65m turnover Main Contractor specialising in all manner of refurbishment works. Projects range from school extensions to luxury hotel refurbishments and high spec residential works. Due to a kick in projects awards since the start of the year, we have been asked to supply an experienced Quantity Surveyor to head up projects ranging from £500k - £7m in value. You will split your week between a busy office in Orpington and across London based sites. You will join a highly technical team with a great atmosphere / culture and little or no staff turnover.
Quantity Surveyor responsibilities:
- Assisting and prepare tender submissions to clients, where required
- Releasing tender packages to subcontractors / suppliers
- Reviewing and analysing subcontractor / supplier returned quotations
- Raising and issuing subsontractor orders
- Raising and issuing supplier purchase orders
- Keeping record of weekly / monthly subcontract valuations
- Reviewing / signing off subcontractor invoices
- Liaising with project team on variations to projects
- Pricing and recording variation orders
- Submitting variations to client
- Submission and review of Sub- Contractor Variations
- Updating forecasting input and analysing project cost sheets
- Sitting in on commercial meetings.
Quantity Surveyor experience required:
- 5 years post quailfied Quantity Surveyor experience.
- Experience running own projects.
- Excellent IT / reporting skills.
- Degree / HND - desirable.
- Great attitude.
Our client offer competitive salaries, interesting project work and massive opportunity. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV to Tony Ward at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org