job description.Our client is a leading Modular Contractor working on new build projects across the UK. They have a strong pipeline of secured work for 2020 / 2021 and are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work on new build school projects ranging from £1m - £10m. Their head office is based in Central London, but you would work from home for 2-3 days a week with site visits on the other days (London / Essex / Kent / Northern Home Counties).
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of financial matters.
- Negotiating valuations with sub-contractors.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating final accounts.
- Mentoring & leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
Quantity Surveyor experience required:
- JCT Contract experience - essential
- School / Education project experience - essential
- 5 + years QS experience working for leading Main Contractors.
- Degree qualified or similar.
- Full Clean UK Driving licence.
If you are keen to join the Modular Build revolution drop me a line at the e-mail address – firstname.lastname@example.org. Our client offers competitive salaries and packages and the chance to work on some of the highest profile Offsite Construction projects in the UK.