job description.Our client are specialists in major structures, heavy groundworks, and infrastructure projects with works across London / South East and a turnover in excess of £150m. They have grown from a small groundworks company to a multi-disciplined major contractor, and they have an enviable client portfolio. Having recently secured several major projects we have been asked to find a Senior Estimator with extensive groundworks and RC Frame experience to join the team, based out of their offices in Dartford.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Overseeing all cost implications relating to bid and tender
- Ensuring bids are accurate and competitive
- Prepare quantities for use in obtaining competitive quotes
- Technical analysis of tender returns
- Strive for most competitive tender solution
- Production of cost plans and budgets
- Management of all financial matters.
- Procurement of all sub-contract works.
- Procurement of all supply items (via Purchasing Department).
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Pricing of all contract variations.
Senior Estimator experience required:
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Estimator.
- Relevant experience with another groundworks / specialist frame contractor - essential
- Construction related degree or similar.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Great attitude.
The salaries, project work and career development opportunities on offer are excellent. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Lloyd Jones at the e-mail address: lloyd.j@Buildspaceuk.com.