Senior Project Manager.
job description.One of our leading clients, a Top Tier Construction Main Contractor, has asked us to supply them with a top notch Senior Project Manager for thier large industrial build projects that they have kicking off Nationwide. We are looking for the No.1 PM to head up the projects from earthworks through to final handover. The first is a £30m distirbution centre in the bedfordshire area. Thereafter you will work on major build projects across the UK, predominantly the Midlands and Northern Home counties.
Senior Project Manager roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently.
- Managing project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the project team fully understand the design and specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
- Reporting to the Project Director on progress & issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following Project Manager experience :
- Minimum 5 years No.1 PM experience.
- Distribution Centre / Industrial project experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Good client facing skills.
- Strong IT / reporting skills.
Our client offers excellent career development opportunities, both technically and professionally. The salaries and packages on offer are second to none.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Dominic Coyne at the e-mail address: email@example.com.