Senior Quantity Surveyor.
job description.We are working with a top Main Contractor requiring no introduction. They work on a broad range of project sectors, but specialise in New Build Mixed Use schemes, Commercial, Residential and Industrial projects. Due to an influx of project wins they are looking to take on a Senior Quantity for their Reading office.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor the successful candidate will work on projects from inception through to final delivery and will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Senior Quantity Suveyor responsibilities include:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of all supply items & subcontractor packages
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Mentoring & leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
- Mentoring more junior staff.
Senior Quantity Surveyor experience Required:
- Minimum 8 years experience as Quantity Surveyor
- A proven ability to financially manage projects in excess of £10m
- Degree qualified is advantageous, not essential
- Professionally qualified (RICS / CIOB) not essential but preferable
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on high profile projects for an excellent main contractor. To apply for this role contact Lloyd Jones at lloyd.j@Buildspaceuk .com