Senior Quantity Surveyor.
job description.We are working for one of the fastest growing Main Contractors in the UK. They have a strong pipeline of work across the Midlands and have a strong presence in the industrial build sector, typically projects range from £5m to £50m in vale. Due to the increased workload they are looking to bring on additional Senior Quantity Surveyors to initially oversee a new build scheme in Stafford.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor the successful candidate will work on projects from inception through to final delivery and will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Senior Quantity Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Overseeing cost-analysis and estimating process against an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Management of all financial matters.
- Cost valuations with sub-contractors.
- Negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Procurement of all supply items & subcontractor packages
- Preparation of interim valuations.
- Chairing site & client progress meetings.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Mentoring & leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
- Pricing of all contract variations.
- Mentoring more junior staff.
Senior Quantity Surveyor experience Required:
- Minimum 8 years experience as Quantity Surveyor
- A proven ability to financially manage projects in excess of £10m
- Degree qualified is advantageous, not essential
- Professionally qualified (RICS / CIOB) not essential but preferable
- Industrial project experience is a must (ideally £10m+)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on high profile projects for an excellent main contractor. To apply for this role contact Lloyd Jones at lloyd.j@Buildspaceuk .com