job description.We are working with one of the top Design & Build companies based in Milton Keynes. They are looking a Civil Engineer to join their team to support with their expertise in groundworks to aid with value engineering.
As a Civil Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from design to construction, including initial enquiries with local and statutory authorities, production of planning documents, concept, and detailed design, whilst leading small projects.
Civil Engineer responsibilities include:
- Working under the supervision of the Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and detailed design calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new project opportunities and helping to expand the discipline
- Production of flood risk assessments and drainage strategy reports for planning
Civil Engineer responsibilities experience required:
- MEng, BEng or HNC in Civil Engineering
- Ideally 2-4yrs post-grad experience producing drainage designs in a design consultancy, developer, or main contractor
- Knowledge of flood risk assessments and drainage strategies for planning.
- Working knowledge of UK standards and regulations S38/278, S104/S106
- Good use of Micro-drainage, Civils 3D or PDS